Tuesday, January 8, 2013

GOOD JOB!

My grandson, Jude is definitely one who loves to help and encourage!  Here are a few examples.

When Jude stays with me we have our normal routine of around 1p.m. he takes a nap.  So, this day, once again Jude crawls up into PawPaw’s and Granna’s bed all snuggled under the covers.  He likes for me to sing two songs or sometimes three before he closes his eyes.   I ask him, “What songs do you want me to sing today?”  He says, “E-I-E-I-O” (aka Old McDonald), Jesus Loves Me and Surely the Presence!”  Lying there so quietly he listens as I sing the first song, second song, then as soon as song number three was complete he popped up off his pillow and with a big “thumbs up” he says. “Good job, Granna!”  I love to smile and that’s what Jude does for me.

Now, Jude enjoys so much to spend time with his Boompa & Mimi, and Pops & Idgie!  He also encourages them!  This is a day Pops told me about and I will share with you.

Pops and Idgie live in a picture perfect house snug in the middle of tall pines.  If you drive up at night and the porch light is on, it looks like a Thomas Kincaid painting!  Not far from them live Paw Tom and Memaw (Jude’s great grandparents). 

Jude and his mommy and daddy (Josh and Crystal) were enjoying a visit at Pops and Idgie’s house.  High winds were expected to come and there was this dead tree near the power lines at Paw Tom’s and Memaw’s house.  It needed to be cut down so the winds would not cause it to fall and cause damage.  So, Pops, Idgie, Josh, Crystal, Jude, PawTom and Memaw head out for a tree cutting adventure!  Pops has everyone stand back at a safe distance from the tree.  He first cut a few small limbs then here comes the big one!  Dead tree meets mean saw in Pops hands!  Jude looks on in anticipation!   Timber!  As soon as the tree SMACKED the ground, Jude lifts his arms and is “fist pumping” saying, “Way to go, Pops!  Good job!”  Everyone is smiling, especially Pops!

 This should be a lesson to all of us.  Instead of being critical or negative we should share encouraging words, lifting each other’s spirits and saying “Good job”!


Romans 14:19

Therefore let us pursue the things which make for peace and the things by which one may edify another.
JUDE & POPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment