Sunday, January 13, 2013

ONE DADDY!

My days consist of the joy of watching my grandson, Jude.   Although today is little Jude’s 3rd birthday, I am the one who gets a gift everyday in the form of love and smiles! 

When Jude comes for his daily visit, I not only want to have loads of fun and games to play, but, I also try to teach him a few little things.  This particular day we were reviewing the letter “D”.

We did the phonic moves and uncovered words that started with the letter “D”; “d-d-d dog, d-d-d daddy”.  Jude got the hang of it really quick!  Of course, he did, he’s my grandson! 

Sounding it out went great and now it was time to write it down.  So, on a piece of paper I wrote the letter “D” in uppercase and lowercase.  He needed to learn both, right?  Well, once again God used a simple learning to teach a big lesson; not to Jude, but, to me!

Here is how it looked on paper:  D = Daddy and d = daddy.  I said. “See, D for daddy!”  Jude glanced at the paper then pointed to the uppercase D and said, “What does that “D” stand for, Granna?”  I said, “D for Daddy!”  Giving me his full attention, absorbed in the moment, he points to the lowercase “d” and asks the same question, “So, what does that “d” stand for?”  Proud of his attentiveness, again I say, “D for daddy!”

Here comes the lesson…

In frustration, Jude shakes his head and correcting me with such boldness he says, “No! No!  It’s not for daddy!  I don’t have two daddies!”  I smile and say, “You are right, you only have one daddy.”

There are many things in our daily life that can become our “gods”; work, entertainment, family, etc.  Jude’s statement made me look into my own life.  Are there times I have set my Heavenly Father, God above all, to the side?  Is He really first in my life? 

That day, Jude learned the letter “D” and I revisited the Ten Commandments.  Number one is Exodus 20:3, “You shall have no other gods before me.”  If I want life to be fulfilling, purposeful and secure, I must spend more intimate time with Him, my heavenly daddy.  Like Jude’s commitment to his daddy, my life must reflect my commitment to God.  Besides that, it is a commandment.  There is only one God. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JUDE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SMILES!


If you would like to know this Savior, our only answer, our only hope, please email me at k.fogarty02@gmail.com and I will be glad to share the story.  It's my FAITH ASSIGNMENT.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

No comments:

Post a Comment