Monday, November 12, 2012

I'M HUNGRY!

If I fed my grandson, Jude, every time he said “I’m hungry”, I would be in the kitchen 24/7, the pantry would be bare and the refrigerator light would go out for the first time ever in my life! 

One day last week was no exception, “Granna, I’m hungry.”  So, I tell him, “No, your tummy just had a hotdog, macaroni and cheese, and a cookie.  It’s not hungry.”  He persists with, “Yes, it is.  It says it’s hungry.”  Then me again, “Well, I didn’t hear it.”  Next thing I know, my back to him, I hear this sweet voice singing… “Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you…”!   Jude, apparently got into my pantry.  There he is carrying a box of Ritz crackers!  He is holding it flat down and presenting it like it is a birthday cake!  I smile (knowing what he is up to) and say, “Oh, thank you!  How nice!  All just for me?”.   Smiling back at me with the twinkle in his eyes piercing my heart, he says, “For me, too!”.  Out, come the crackers!

I think in life we get full of what the world serves and are left empty, still hungry.  Feed on God’s word.    Hold it, read it, sing the praises.  Yes, it’s for you, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment