Monday, November 19, 2012

LITTLE EARS

Last week I had the privilege, yes, the privilege, to watch my grandson, Jude, and his best buddy, Evan.  After picking them up from Preschool, we went through the drive-thru of most all kids favorite place, McDonalds!  “Chicken nuggets and french fries!” was the order than came from the two little munchkins in the back.  This particular McDonalds did not have a playground so to Granna’s we go with the chicken nuggets and french fries! 

Jude and Evan both took turns saying the prayer before we ate.    Amen!  Oh I just love those sweet moments...  Then I hear, "Ketchup please!", "I want something to drink!", "I have ketchup on me, I need a napkin!" Yep, the reverent  atmosphere of the prayers has left the building.  It is definitely mealtime with these little ones.  I smile and grab the ketchup, drinks and napkins.

Toward the end of the meal Evan tells me he is finished, and he was.  I don't think there was even a drop of ketchup left!  Jude then says, “I’m finished, too.”  I look at Jude’s plate and he still has a chicken nugget and a couple of french fries left.  I said, “No, you’re not through yet.  You haven’t finished your chicken nuggets.”  Immediately, without pause, Jude says “I don’t have nuggets, just one nugget!”  Those little ears don’t miss a thing!

That same day after Evan’s mommy picked him up, Jude got in my lap.  We love to watch the Christmas Hallmark movies that are on now.  It was time for a commercial break.  One of the commercials was advertising something for weight loss.  My ears perked up!  Well, not only were mine, but so were Jude’s!  At the beginning of this commercial a voice speaks the words no woman wants to hear!  Truth hurts! Here it comes, those three painful words...“ARE YOU OVERWEIGHT?”  Immediately, without pause, Jude shakes his head up and down, saying “Yes”. 

Here comes that smile again. 

Those little ears catch all and hear all.  Let’s remember to speak what is good.

Jude and best buddy, Evan!

No comments:

Post a Comment