Wednesday, November 28, 2012

SUGAR COOKIES AND SMILES

One evening my grandson, Jude, joins me in baking some delicious sugar cookies!  From another room he grabs his step stool sets it up next to the counter ready to help!  He is really good at stirring, sneaking cookie dough batter into his mouth and eating the cookies before they are decorated!  Nevertheless, I smile and continue on. 

Earlier in the day he hurt his finger on his “stirring” hand.  He tried his best to stir but the make shift bandage Granna had put on it got in the way.  So, he passes the job on to me.  I grab the bowl with my left and stir with the right…around and around the dough mixture goes while Jude looks on.  I never thought my stirring would impress anyone…but Jude.  He says, “Whoa…you’re doing VERY GOOD!”.  I smile.

My daughter-in-love Crystal and son, Josh, Jude’s mommy and daddy, show up and walk in the door to the smell of sugar cookies!  After supper, Jude offers everyone a cookie.  I make sure he doesn’t hand out the ones already carved from his teeth marks or has icing that was missing because of the swoop of his tongue!

Mommy comes into the kitchen, stands on Jude’s step stool and grabs a cookie.  I said, “Jude, look how tall mommy is!”  He quickly races over and says, “Mommy get down.”  I suppose he wanted to get back on it.  Mommy teases with him in fun and says, “You’re not the boss…telling me to get down.  Who’s the boss?”  Without hesitation Jude shouts, “Daddy is!”  Then, again without hesitation, daddy shouts, “You know I’ve got my household in order!”

Smiles were everywhere!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment